Questions in Topic
- 1. Screening for Gonococcal Infection in MSM
- 2. Screening for Gonococcal Infections in Women
- 3. Diagnostic Testing for Gonorrhea in Asymptomatic Persons
- 4. Treatment of Uncomplicated Genitourinary Gonococcal Infection
- 5. Diagnosis and Treatment of Pharyngeal Gonorrhea
- 6. Treatment of Gonorrhea in Beta-lactam Allergic Patient
- 7. Follow-up after Treatment of Uncomplicated Gonorrhea
- 8. Management of Sex Partners of Persons Diagnosed with Gonorrhea
- 9. Screening for Gonococcal Infection in Pregnancy
- 10. Evaluation of Recurrent Symptoms after Treatment for Gonorrhea
- 11. Epidemiology of Antimicrobial-Resistant Gonorrhea Infection
- 12. Treatment of Antimicrobial-Resistant Gonococcal Infection
- 13. Disseminated Gonococcal Infection
- 14. Ocular Gonococcal Infection
- Summarize recommendations regarding routine screening for Neisseria gonorrhoeae infection in women and men.
- List CDC-recommended treatment of uncomplicated urogenital and rectal gonococcal infection.
- State treatment recommendations for persons with pharyngeal gonorrhea.
- Describe appropriate management of sex partners of persons diagnosed with gonorrhea.
- Summarize epidemiology and treatment of antimicrobial-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
Lowry Family Health Center, Denver Health
Department of Family Medicine
University of Colorado School of Medicine
Lindley A. Barbee, MD, MPH
Medical Director, STD Clinic, Public Health Seattle & King County HIV/STD Program
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Division of Infectious Diseases
University of Washington School of Medicine